Wednesday, January 2, 2008

One more in the coconut

Happy Happy--everything really; new year, new month, new snow, same old pretty much everything else.
It was a pleasant snow storm last night though, and looks like it is quite a pleasantly sunny day. Due to my own forgetfulness I am going to leave work early today to go pick up some veggies (I have a usual Wednesday pick up because on a usual Wednesday I work in the evening) and I might just skip out on the rest of the day after that, but I probably shouldn't. There is a lot of stuff going on and I can always just go to the second location (much closer to where I actually live) rather than driving the whole way back here again.
I had a quiet languid occasionally alcohol soaked little break. It was pleasant and fairly laid back. I went to visit family and while playing cards managed to drink most of a bottle of wine and then spent the next day wandering around an art museum (a favorite hang over day occupation of mine). On the way home we had to race a snow storm which provided a nice little slice of drama and urgency to my mother's generally erratic driving. Then I came home and went to a friend's house for a new year's eve bash that lasted until around 3 in the morning. On that particular occasion I was able to remember and stick to an alternating 1-glass-of-water 1-glass-of-alcohol / rum ball rotation that left me feeling much better in the morning than several other overnight guests. I love it when I remember to do something right.
I need to collect my various scraps of paper and thought and put together a list of goals for the year and coming months. Hopefully I will have that done before the end of the month (theres a goal I can stick to! Hopefully!).
Watch the steps, they're slick!

No comments: