Wednesday, January 9, 2008

snack attack

I'm feeling more like myself today, and less like a ball of mucus. I'm not totally better, but I am a hell of a lot better than yesterday.
I keep hearing how Hillary Clinton's win in New Hampshire is because she "proved she was human" and grating my teeth. What in the hell is that even supposed to mean? People do not seriously doubt her humanity--AI intelligence hasn't come that far yet, they doubt her authenticity maybe, but not her actual physiological being. And I generally think of politicians using the word "human" in phrases like "I'm only human" (i.e. "even I screw up a good bit") So what in the hell? Really?
Also, let it be known that at the moment I rather despise humanity.
With me this is a pretty cyclical thing, both the reason I want to live alone and the reason I have a feeling living alone would be a bad idea (hello modern day hermit). But in all seriousness--my roommates reprogrammed the thermostat while I was at work the other day, a full 10-15 degrees warmer at every preset time period across the board. And I'm the girl who handles the gas bill and still hasn't been paid their parts of it for June-through the present. And I've heard endless variations on how very broke they will be until their respective refund checks come in at the end of the month (they're both students) and when I got home last night they were just coming back from a little old navy shopping fest with a bunch of useless crap that was on "supersale". And I don't want it warm, for several reasons, the first being finance (oil prices are skyrocketing and my checking account balance has plummeted--I have to wait for my next paycheck to cover the next gas bill--which again they will need to reimburse me for eventually) and the second being health-- we do not need the interior of our house to reach 70 degrees in January, no sir no way cool air is better for sleeping and better for plant growth and better for human health as well.
And of course I am being a major cranky-pants and passive-aggressive as all get out (yes thats right this morning when I discovered the re-program I went back in and changed things back again to the way they'd been). I actually thought about leaving a note on the thermostat saying something like "if you plan to turn up the heat please pay your part of the heating costs first thanks bye" but then I rethought that. Instead I may just go to town on them with a frying pan. That, at least, wouldn't be at all passive aggressive of me.

No comments: