Tuesday, January 8, 2008

When the architects ask are you supposed to act happy? Well, too late.

I have something of an affinity for toast.
It used to be more of an obsession: something I needed to have at least once a day and often fell back to if things were difficult or uncertainty presented itself.
Mmmm toast. Warm crispy bread with a nice layer of buttery goodness (often Earth Balance--a vegan butter alternative that is still quite buttery enough in flavor) followed by a layer of fresh ground natural peanut butter or raspberry preserves. Oh yeah.
Makes a great breakfast, makes a great lunch. An excellent snack and even a decent dinner if you add a cup of tea to it.
Also, in some circumstances well-steeped black tea and burnt toast are used as an antidote to poison.
So you know they're good for you.
Only sometimes enough is too much, and I've laid off the toast for awhile now. But this cold, with its attendant misery has made me want toast--I was aiming to have it for dinner last night, but instead had a bit of the too-peppery eggs my sister and her boyfriend made (everything my sister makes has too much pepper in it for me I think--she has a spice allergy and likes things spicy so she compensates with weird things like over-peppering everything instead of just her own meal) . I woke up late for work this morning and though I thought about toast the whole way down the stairs, I forgot about it when I got to the kitchen and realized what time it was.
So maybe later, since obviously I'm obsessed.

No comments: